Friday, December 12, 2008

I had some Jo Wok today.

General Tao chicken. I only started liking it because someone left it in my locker once. =) I hope she still isn't mad that I ate half of her dinner haha.

But I felt like sharing my fortune cookies.

First one: "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

So, either I am going to be President, a biochemist, a missionary, or a pastor. Those are probably the only careers where I can make the difference I wish to see.

I will get to the second one later; instead, I will post mine from lunch on Thursday (I don't exactly remember what it said, but...)

"Your principles are more important to you than money."

This one also hit close to home with me. I can't exactly explain everything that this made me think about, but it involved everything from what college I go to, what career I enter into, and what choices I make in my daily life, to what I eat for breakfast. For a fortune cookie, it really made me examine my life. Ask anyone I was sitting with; I read that fortune for a good ten minutes.

Finally, tonight's second cookie:

"To let another into your heart, first let yourself in."

Jesus is in my heart; I know this. But am I personally in my heart? I don't know. Praying to God about... stuff... recently, and I get so many applicable fortune cookies. Seems like the most blatant way to give me a sign, I guess. I could also talk about my recent readings in 1st Timothy, but that will be for another time.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I think you do need to let yourself into your heart. You don't realize how much of a difference you have made in me. Make that difference in yourself.
P.S.- I am not still mad about you eating half my dinner. :)